The Landrum Area Business Association (LABA) was formed in March of 2008. Its membership is made up of downtown businesses as well as businesses throughout the Landrum area. Through its membership, LABA sponsors family-focused activities which also attract visitors to support area businesses and organizations. These include:
- A Senior Discount Program to encourage those age 55 and older to shop in the Landrum area on Wednesdays. Participating businesses determine their own discounts.
- An Easter Egg Hunt for area children, with prizes provided by members.
2018 date: TBD
- A Car Show with money raised benefiting -TBD
2018 date: Saturday, April 28th on N. Trade Avenue from 10-3 pm. Registration is from 9-10 am.
- Landrum’s Great Scarecrow Contest with a popular vote to determine the winners:
2017 date: Oct. 1-31.
- The Halloween Stroll to provide a safe environment with businesses offering trick or treat candy.
2017 date: Tuesday, October 31 5pm – 7pm
- The Christmas Stroll & Christmas Parade:
2017 date: Thursday, December 7 at 5:00 pm, Stroll starts at 5pm
Yearly dues are $50. Members meet monthly at 8:30 a.m. on the first Tuesday in City Council Chamber to shape the direction of the organization and to help coordinate community-wide events.
All businesses and organizations benefit from participation when the community’s economy is robust, when new and returning visitors are attracted, and when resident share their pride in the area. LABA works cooperatively with the City of Landrum and City Council on sponsored activities. LABA is the only organization dedicated solely to growth of the Landrum area economy and to assuring a family-friendly community.